Wednesday 8 September 2010

Copied from someone elses blog! (Might as well be honest!)

OK, so the answers are mine, but I saw this on one of my favourite diabetes blogs and thought it might be a nice light hearted break!


What type of diabetes do you have:
Type 1 , Insulin Dependent,

When were you diagnosed: December 1986

What's your current blood sugar: 11.6 mmol

What kind of meter do you use: Medtronic Paradigm VEO

How many times a day do you test your blood sugar: about 8 times a day unless something is wrong

What's a "high" number for you: Anything above 12mmol

What's do you consider "low": Anything under 4mmol

What's your favorite low blood sugar reaction treater: Pineapple juice! It's the only time I can guzzle it (within reason!)

Describe your dream endo: Understanding, non-judgmental and patient!

What's your biggest diabetes achievement: I consider making it to adulthood with no complications and a scrap of remaining sanity, an 'achievement'!

What's your biggest diabetes-related fear: Kidney Failure. I don't know if I could cope with dialysis

Who's on your support team: J-Dizzle, the mothership, my best, my pump!

Do you think there will be a cure in your lifetime: Even though it has been talked about for years with no actual cure ever appearing, I remain hopeful that yes, eventually there will be. There seem to be new ideas forming and evolving every day. I live in hope.

What is a "cure" to you: um, a cure, how many ways around it are there....

The most annoying thing people say to you about your diabetes is: You just have to watch what you eat and inject right? Wrong.

What is the most common misconception about diabetes: You get it from being fat. I was four. I was tiny. I was healthy. I was normal.

If you could say one thing to your pancreas, what would it be: Last one to start producing insulin is a loser. GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment